SOLVED

Re: Getting a list of all channels, tags and statuses

Go to solution
June_Dean4
Level 1

Getting a list of all channels, tags and statuses

Does anyone know if there is a quick way of getting a list of all Marketo Channels, Tags and Statuses without having to go into each one and make a note of them and what is marked as success and not?

Thanks

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In the new MEUE, just make sure you're in the right pane (it's an IFRAME, that's why you have to be in the right place) and right-click » Inspect.

SanfordWhiteman_0-1623699251643.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kpara3
Level 2

Hey June,

I'm not aware of a way to export this data, but it may be worth asking Marketo Support to see if they have this capability.

Either way, I'd recommend creating a document (spreadsheet works well) with each channel, statuses, steps, success(es), and how you think of cost allocation for each. This way you have that for easy reference, tweaking, discussions, onboarding, etc.

Kim

SanfordWhiteman

It's possible to export from the UI: I'll post the code to the blog to run in your F12 Console and get a JSON file with everything.

(It's not officially supported, of course.)

maddie_jtf
Level 2

Hi Sanford, I tried using the code from your blog, but it's throwing back an error:  Uncaught ReferenceError: MktSecurity is not defined at <anonymous>:39:46

I'm almost code illiterate so have no idea if I did something wrong or if something changed since you posted that. Do you happen to know if it still works? 

Thanks so much for your help.

SanfordWhiteman

In the new MEUE, just make sure you're in the right pane (it's an IFRAME, that's why you have to be in the right place) and right-click » Inspect.

SanfordWhiteman_0-1623699251643.png

maddie_jtf
Level 2

Great, thanks, I'll try it in the morning! 

maddie_jtf
Level 2

Just wanted to follow up and say it worked like a charm! Saved me a couple of hours of very tedious work 🙂 you're a star!

SanfordWhiteman

Great!

SanfordWhiteman

I messaged you the blog link as it's not really something for public consumption (though it works!).  EDIT: decided to link to it in case anybody really wants it, caveat marketor and all that: https://blog.teknkl.com/get-all-the-channels-tags-program-statuses-in-a-marketo-instance/.

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi @June_Dean4,

I agree with @kpara3. I would also recommend creating a Channels & Tags worksheet in excel where you can document all of your channels and statuses within one tab and all of your tags within another tab. That way you and the team can have this documented and keep it up to date and shared internally with the team. 

Thanks,

Cory Gabor

Marketing Consultant

LeadMD