SOLVED

Re: Get Multiple Leads by Filter Type - returning empty results

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Multiple Leads by Filter Type - returning empty results

I'm brand new to Marketo, and I am stuck on a problem with the "Get Multiple Leads by Filter Type" REST API call.  

When I use this API with filterType=email, I get lead data back as expected.
When I use this API with filterType=cookie, I get back a result which has an empty result:

StatusCode = 200
{"requestId":"ee47#14acf571eeb","result":[],"success":true}

The request looks like this:
https://076-WSM-660.mktorest.com/rest/v1/leads.json?filterType=cookie&filterValues=id:076-WSM-660%26token:_mch-pcm.com-1420815979885-96936&fields=firstName,lastName,phone,inferredCompany,cookies

I am getting the filterValue value from the "_mkto_trk" cookie, and escaping the ampersand as suggested in some other discussions.

It's probably worth mentioning that I created the lead using the Create/Update Leads API -- maybe there is something I'm doing wrong there?  Here is how I'm creating the lead:

POST URL:
https://076-WSM-660.mktorest.com/rest/v1/leads.json
BODY:
{"action":"createOrUpdate","input":[{"firstName":"john","lastName":"9jan_1044am","email":"9jan_1044am@foo.com","phone":1231231234,"title":"something"}]}

I can see the leads being created in the Marketo admin's "all leads" view, so I assumed that part was working, but now I'm wondering if the lead is not associated with the cookie somehow.  I am including the munchkin initialization in my page:
  Munchkin.init("076-WSM-660");

Update:  When I fetch one of these leads I created (using filterType=email), and request the "cookies" field, the value comes back null:
{"requestId":"e2a6#14acf9d3389","result":[{"id":30,"lastName":"9jan_1150am","phone":"1231231234","email":"9jan_1150am@foo.com","inferredCompany":null,"firstName":"john","cookies":null}],"success":true}

It looks like the _mkto_trk cookie is not associated with the lead...?

What am I missing?  I'm pretty stumped!
John
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

When you created the Leads, did you also use Associate Lead to associate them with the Cookie ID? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

When you created the Leads, did you also use Associate Lead to associate them with the Cookie ID? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick reply!

I did not us Associate Lead originally.  However, I just tried that (create the lead with 1st REST call, then associate with the 2nd REST call).  After doing that, I am able to fetch using filterType=cookie.

So that's progress, thanks!  Do you know if it's possible to create & associate the lead with the cookie all in one REST call?  Reading the docs for Create/Update Leads, I don't see any mention of where/how to pass the _mkto_trk cookie.  I was hoping I could do it in one call.

Thanks again,
John

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Not currently available in a single call, but I'll pass it on to product management.