SOLVED

filtering out smart lists form specific drip email message

Go to solution
Arthur_Aronov
Level 2

filtering out smart lists form specific drip email message

Greetings, I have 115 smart lists and i am looking to exclude some of them from specific emails on my drip campaign. it is not practical to add 50 or so filters. is there an easier way to filter out some smart lists by their name?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: filtering out smart lists form specific drip email message

I would take a look at the 50 smart lists themselves, maybe instead of excluding each one separately, you can just use 10 or 15 filters to exclude. It is quite possible these smart lists share common filters.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Arthur,

Smart lists must be exact name matches with "in" or "not in" logic. So you will need to include all 50 smart list filters. This is to ensure that in case you used a method to exclude all smart lists "beginning with 'November email blast'", that it won't accidentally exclude other smart lists you may not have meant to exclude.

Arthur_Aronov
Level 2

Thanks Devraj,

Is there no other way around this except creating 50 filters - one for each smart list i want to exclude?

Devraj_Grewal

I would take a look at the 50 smart lists themselves, maybe instead of excluding each one separately, you can just use 10 or 15 filters to exclude. It is quite possible these smart lists share common filters.

Arthur_Aronov
Level 2

hmm, didnt think of that. thanks for the tip.

Update: there was a shared filter among all smart lists. I was able to get this done without 50 filters and instead applied only one filter. in my case, it was geography. i used "contains" to filter out cities that i didnt want in my list.