Re: Filtering Existing Leads

Frank_Carpenter
Level 2

Filtering Existing Leads

I have a requirement to filter out existing leads in a Add to Nurture Smart Campaign before I run it. Does anyone have a good way to do this?

Frank Carpenter
Sr. Marketing Automation Manager
Five9 Inc.
(M) 631-561-8837
9 REPLIES 9
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

If you want to exclude the members of the program from the smart campaign, you can say Not a Member of Program in the smart campaign - though, the leads can only be added once to a program. Even if you don't filter them, ideally, they should skip the step as they would be already in the program

Frank_Carpenter
Level 2

Hi Balkar,

i meant leads that already exist in the database, not in the program.

Frank Carpenter
Five9 Inc.
(M) 631-561-8837
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Your definition of "existing leads" can be interpreted in more than one way. Please try to explain it in more detail.

Frank_Carpenter
Level 2

Sorry Jay - I meant leads that already exist in the database, not in a program.

Frank Carpenter
Five9 Inc.
(M) 631-561-8837
Frank_Carpenter
Level 2

I have a requirement to filter out leads that already exist in my database in an Add to Nurture Smart Campaign before I run it. The program will have manual weekly prospect lead uploads to a static list from many sources and I do not want leads that are already in my database to be added to the nurture campaign. Can anyone think if a way to exclude leads that already exist in my database from entering the program?

Frank Carpenter
Five9 Inc.
(M) 631-561-8837
Jason_Raisleger
Level 4

So you want to send an email from Marketo to people that don't exist in Marketo?

Frank_Carpenter
Level 2

I want to add people from a large third party list upload for prospecting purposes and add them to my nurture program but I want to filter out any leads that may already exist in my database.

Frank Carpenter
Five9 Inc.
(M) 631-561-8837
Jason_Raisleger
Level 4

When you upload the list, do you specify an acquisition program? If so, that is the easiest route as you can choose the people that are part of that acquisition program and will filter people that were acquired through a different program.

If you're not using acquisition programs, you could create a specify that a person is member of the list you uploaded to and was created on the date that you uploaded the list.

upload-list.png

Frank_Carpenter
Level 2

Acquisition program is a great idea. If [Acquisition Program is empty]. Thanks Jason!

Frank Carpenter
Five9 Inc.
(M) 631-561-8837