Re: Filter inactive SFDC account owners

Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Filter inactive SFDC account owners

Does anyone know of an easy way to create a smart list for any records that have an inactive SFDC account owner? Or contact owner? When we do our emails that come from the reps, I have to add a filter for those that I know have left the company within the last month but the records have not changed to new ownership. It's tedious to have to know all of the email addresses for the owners to filter those out. Is there an easier way that anyone can think of? Thanks so much!

7 REPLIES 7
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

there's an 'active' flag on the user page. It's likely not default synced to Marketo. You should just be able to add it to the sync and then be able to report on it.

Juhno_Mann
Level 1

Do you happen to have more information on how to add this to the sync?

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Your SFDC admin needs to give your marketo integration user visibility and access permissions to the field.

Juhno_Mann
Level 1

I assume you mean the permissions on the users's profile. When you say give the user visibility do you just mean enable "manage users" on our Marketo user's profile?

Let me know if you meant something else, because permissions to the user object isn't something that I'm able to control at the profile level.

Thanks!

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Turns out it might just be a formula field that pulls the user 'isactive' flag as User fields aren't actually synced to Marketo. Have your sfdc admin create a formula field for "Owner.IsActive" and then you can sync that field to Marketo.

Juhno_Mann
Level 1

This works! Thanks for the help

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Do what JD suggested here. Another basic workaround is to filter on your active sales team as opposed to excluding the inactive team. Typically much smaller and easier to get a list of (sales distribution should always reflect active reps if up to date).