Field Management - Creating Account Type Dropdown

Anonymous
Not applicable

Field Management - Creating Account Type Dropdown

Hi,

So this seems like it should be straight forward...probably is, but how do I create a select field type in Field Management Tab? I am basically looking to create a custom field for Account Types. i.e. with choices of Free, Beta & Paid for example...I do not see the select field type option when I go to create a custom field.. Am I just missing something?? Do I create a strong value field then add options somewhere?

Thanks

CB
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Field Management - Creating Account Type Dropdown

Hey Craig,

When you are creating the custom field for your drop down, select 'String' as the "Type".

I'm assuming, based off your choices listed, that this is going to be a field that's populated by a flow action (not an actual field on a form). If that's the case, just set up your smart campaigns to insert the appropriate option into that field.

If you were to use the field in a form, that's where you would add the options for a lead to select.

Hope this helps!
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

To summarize what Caleb is saying

1. Create a field using Type String in Field Management

2. When creating the form, drag and drop the field, and then in properties change it to a "Select" and add your option values as a comma separated list without spaces.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Thanks for both these answers, both make sense. Caleb to your point they will be used as flow actions as well, and I guess what I was trying to do was limit anyone coming into marketo (sales person or admin) and adding an additional choice if they were on a leads detail page. I assume I can then just make it so the field is not updatable under that circumstance, but manaully adjusting that option may be arequired as well. Just want it to be a controlled option...free, beta, paid. Last question is how would I set that field to be a dropdown in the Lead Details view...take a look at SS attatched...is that doable?

http://screencast.com/t/UcRJKMoDxXo

Side note......On that same screen shot...I tried making that PD Account Created Date field so it is not updatable....acn for the life of me can't get it to take...have tried blocking field update: for lead detail...no love! ny ideas?

Thanks again for both of your input!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Craig,

I have the same issue as you, was looking to create a drop down field within the lead database. We have currently no connection with a CRM system (sad but true) and there are a series of fields which only change once a year (for example: discount level of a partner).

To limit mistakes like typos it would be great if we could have a drop down list with a limited amount of choices within the lead database, but correct me if I am wrong, but it have the impression this is not possible?

Anyone any ideas.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

subscribing. Has anyone figured this out?

Many thanks,

Ioulia
Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

having the same issues and same question