Embedded Form Not Registering

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded Form Not Registering

Hello All,

For some reason, when I embed a form on my custom coded landing page, the form is not recognized by Marketo. However, when I edit the landing page and drag and drop the form onto the landing page, it is found by Marketo.

My issue is that when I use the drag and drop form, it's position is not reliable. The actual form code is placed at the end of my HTML and given an absolute position. I want the form to be placed inside my HTML container and be relative.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Embedded Form Not Registering

Justin Edelson​ FYI. I moved your post to Products and Support section where you will probably get an answer sooner

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, when you drag-and-drop on a freeform LP the components use absolute positioning.

When you say you "embed your form," you mean using the Forms 2.0 embed code?  And what exactly do you mean by "not recognized"?  Please also provide the URL to your LP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the URL: JN_Q2_LANDING

When I use the following embed code, Marketo doesn't recognize the form and it won't display the % of submissions on the LP info page.

<script src="//app-sjl.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>

<form id="mktoForm_57"></form>

<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sjl.marketo.com", "449-RVB-768", 57);</script>

See screenshot: Marketo___Q22015_Awareness_LP_•_Landing_Pages_•_Design_Studio.png

SanfordWhiteman

When you use the embed code, the form is no longer considered an asset of the LP, which affects reporting (it doesn't affect form functionality itself, which is why I asked what you meant by "does not recognize"). There are undocumented ways around that but let's assume that's fixed behavior.

Easier for you will be moving the FORM element elsewhere in the DOM so you can use regular positioning. I'll post some JS later tonight that'll do this for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford,

Are you talking about using the drag-and-drop form to place it on the LP, then use JS to move the form to the correct container div?

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

Exactly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get this working as a temporary solution.

However I would like to figure this out as a considerable % of our audience has JS disabled.

Thanks Sanford!

SanfordWhiteman

The solution is to use a Guided Mode LP.  Freeform LPs are designed to use abso-pos and to be used by non-designers (well, non-HTML-designers).

Re: JS, you do realize, I hope, that Mkto click tracking requires JS?  Unfortunate but true.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get it working? Please share your solution, if possible.