SOLVED

Does it matter if I use email link tag or just campaig flow steps?

Go to solution
Daniel_Riggs
Level 1

Does it matter if I use email link tag or just campaig flow steps?

I've got a program where I created a link tag for an email. When someone clicks on the link and goes to the webpage and fills out the form, I add them to a list based on whether the tag was present in the URL. Am I correct in thinking I can just use a trigger: fills out form on specific webpage and add a filter: opened the specific email I sent and then add them to the list? Will this do the same thing as my initial scenario? Is one way better than the other?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Does it matter if I use email link tag or just campaig flow steps?

Always bind your triggering elements as tightly together as you can. That means using Filled Out Form with a URL constraint, not using a separate filter.

Using a filter is ambiguous because it doesn't mean the Open Email directly led to the form fillout. It's also less efficient because it means an extra db lookup.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Does it matter if I use email link tag or just campaig flow steps?

Always bind your triggering elements as tightly together as you can. That means using Filled Out Form with a URL constraint, not using a separate filter.

Using a filter is ambiguous because it doesn't mean the Open Email directly led to the form fillout. It's also less efficient because it means an extra db lookup.