SOLVED

Does a trigger campaign use past actions

Go to solution
Zdonde123
Level 1

Does a trigger campaign use past actions

Hi everyone! Had a quick question I was hoping someone could answer.

For a trigger campaign, I have a smart list that pulls users in from a campaign that has been running for a few weeks, along with the trigger of email is delivered. I'm wondering if when I activate the trigger, if it will pull users who are currently in the smart list, and who have previously had the email delivered, or only when the email is delivered after the point in time that I activate the trigger.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Does a trigger campaign use past actions

No, a trigger responds to actions after you activate it, with only a few exceptions, none of which apply here.

The exceptions: if there are anonymous web activities and a session later becomes associated with a known person (“promoted”), some of those activities can trigger campaigns at the moment of association, rather than at the moment of the original activity. But by definition this does not relate to delivered emails, which are always associated with a known person from the start.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Does a trigger campaign use past actions

No, a trigger responds to actions after you activate it, with only a few exceptions, none of which apply here.

The exceptions: if there are anonymous web activities and a session later becomes associated with a known person (“promoted”), some of those activities can trigger campaigns at the moment of association, rather than at the moment of the original activity. But by definition this does not relate to delivered emails, which are always associated with a known person from the start.