SOLVED

Div tags in Tokens

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Div tags in Tokens

In the Rich Text Token I've noticed a recent shift where the div tag in the token itself will be written into the actual HTML of the email...This is an issue bc we have a registration link right after the token and it pushes the one click registration link to the next line. This started happening beginning of October. I pulled the code from a sample email I sent myself:

We set it up like this: {{my.Content Block 1}} Sign up today with one-click registration.

2015 1015 email LAYOUT  in 2015 1015 Program - Fine

<tr><td style="color:#515151; font-size:14px; line-height:23px; padding-top:12px; font-family:Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; padding-right:16px; " class="no_right_pad"><div class="mktEditable" id="body_bottom_text">Hear from Cesar Elizondo, Controller at Classic Car Spa, and learn how they are successfully using Intacct's modern cloud-based ERP system to help save time, streamline accounting processes, and provide analytical insight into their business. <a style="color: #0098f0;" href="http://mkto-d0071.com/ed302L01000SQO000KGn00Z" target="_blank"><strong>Sign up today with one-click registration</strong></a>.

2015 1015 email LAYOUT in 2015 1020 Program - Bad

<tr><td style="color:#515151; font-size:14px; line-height:23px; padding-top:12px; font-family:Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; padding-right:16px; " class="no_right_pad"><div class="mktEditable" id="body_bottom_text"><div><strong>Are you spending too much time tracking down project data and manually recognizing revenue?</strong></div> <a style="color: #0098f0;" href="http://mkto-d0071.com/r00n0L103Shn0dQO00000Z0" target="_blank"><strong>Sign up today with one-click registration</strong></a>.

Should look like this:

pastedImage_1.png

But it looks like this:

pastedImage_2.png

Anyone have any insight as to how I can overwrite this or if it's an update? Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Div tags in Tokens

See this:

My tokens are getting messed up. Styles set for tokens are displaying incorrectly.

This was an issue that was regressed by our engineering team and we are patching a fix to revert back to using <p> as the "root block element". If you need to make sure this won't occur before this patch goes out, please do one of the following:

-Use a "Text" token that won't add any HTML to the text you enter.

-Change your text editor back to the "legacy" version temporarily and it should resolve the issue for you until the patch goes out (within 7 days).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

See this:

My tokens are getting messed up. Styles set for tokens are displaying incorrectly.

This was an issue that was regressed by our engineering team and we are patching a fix to revert back to using <p> as the "root block element". If you need to make sure this won't occur before this patch goes out, please do one of the following:

-Use a "Text" token that won't add any HTML to the text you enter.

-Change your text editor back to the "legacy" version temporarily and it should resolve the issue for you until the patch goes out (within 7 days).

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sonia Lucyga​ Are the Div tags inside your text token?

If so this would be expected as the tokens will print whatever's inside them. Or is the editor inserting Divs that aren't there in the token?

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

The token edit for rich-text tokens is now adding <div> as I mentioned above. It is a bug that was a regression. See the other thread.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

It's now patched. Tokens will have <p> as the "root block" element. Also means that our custom logic is in place still to remove the <p> tags for single-line rich-text tokens on Marketo landing pages.