Re: Daylight Savings

Debbie_Marguli2
Level 2

Daylight Savings

Question - if I am promoting a webinar where the ICS file says 10 am PST, but the webinar crosses over to Daylight Savings, and is 10 am PDT, should I say in the ICS file that it is 9 am PST? when it is on someones' calendar it comes up at 10 am PDT on March 21? Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The ICS file delivers the date as a UTC timestamp. It's up to the client to readjust the time based on local timezone + daylight saving offset. The file itself does not contain timezone information.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

(In sum: No, you definitely should not be making daylight saving adjustments yourself.)

Laura_Starkie
Level 2

Apologies for replying to an old post - does this also apply to scheduled smart campaigns.

If I am scheduling a smart campaign today (BST) to launch at 10am on November 6th, should I set the time at 11am BST to allow for the time change, or set at 10am BST and Marketo will adjust to send at 10am GMT?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Laura_Starkie, great question! There are a few threads around this already in the community with conflicting responses (for some users, the schedule/send times did get adjusted per the DST changes, while for some it didn't). I don't remember testing/getting into a problem due to DST, which likely means that Marketo does adjust the send times to accommodate the DST changes as long as you have the correct Time Zone AND Region selected in your instance timezone settings. This comment posted on an idea also points in that direction. Lastly, the comments where the users had issues with the DST changes are quite old and many date-related issues have been fixed since then. I wouldn't hesitate to raise a support ticket to confirm this from them to be on the safer side.