Re: Changing name of Marketo Filters

Musfiqul_Udoy
Level 1

Changing name of Marketo Filters

Hi,

I have stumbled upon a problem but I am unsure on how to resolve this:

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 10.32.13 am.png

If you look at the right side of the image. A filter "Person was Created" is highlighted. I would like to change the name of the Filter from "Person was Created" to "Person Last Updated". Is it even possible?

However, I am unsure on how to go forward with it. Would greatly appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Musfiqul

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the question to Products‌ as this isn't a support space. Move link will be at the right. 

After you've moved the thread, we'll continue.

Musfiqul_Udoy
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

I just did. Thank you so much for informing me about this.

SanfordWhiteman

Thanks for moving it.

The answer is No, you can't rename the filter, nor would it make any sense to rename it because that wouldn't change the actual way it operates.

I think you need to explain your actual business requirement. Don't jump to the conclusion of how it would be *implemented*, stick to what you need. (Your question is a great example of an "X/Y problem"!)

Musfiqul_Udoy
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

Thank you again for the clarification. And apologies, I should have been actually clear on the business requirement from the get go.

So, the issue here is. I have 2 filters with a similar name:

1) Person was Created
2) Created at

However both filters are showing different data when I am using them in a campaign. 

For example, when I use Person was Created, it shows: 

• How many people were updated on that set date.
  • Created at shows: 
    • How many people was created on a select date (this is quite clear from my end).

So, as you can imagine there is a naming discrepancy here with the filter Person was created. If it is not possible to rename that is okay. Just wanted to be sure if it was possible at all.

Thanks again Sanford for your help in clarifying. I will make sure to keep this in mind in the future when I ask for a query.

Kind Regards,
Musfiqul

SanfordWhiteman