Can you change the custom field type that Marketo created in SFDC to over 255 characters?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you change the custom field type that Marketo created in SFDC to over 255 characters?

Marketo created a custom field-type in Salesforce called "Last interesting moment description."

Sometimes the description spans over the default 255 character limit that is set by the field-type "Text Area" so I want to change it to "Text Area (long) so that the page doesn't error out once you go over 255 characters.

Has anyone run intothis issue? I can't seem to make these changes in SFDC, any other workarounds?

Thank you,
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can you change the custom field type that Marketo created in SFDC to over 255 characters?

Ben,

This is a field tightly linked to the corresponding Marketo field. Depending on your permissions and the permissions of the SFDC app, you may not be able to change it w/o creating a problem.

In Marketo I see it says it is a "Text" field, not Text Area. I suppose you could try changing it on both systems. Not sure if that would break MSI though.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you change the custom field type that Marketo created in SFDC to over 255 characters?

I tried going into the custom setup in Salesforce and it does not allow you to change the field type