Re: Campaign Inspector - Default Campaign Type

Anonymous
Not applicable

Campaign Inspector - Default Campaign Type

In the Campaign Inspector tool, there is a Campaign Type called “Default”.  The campaigns appear to be based off of triggered actions, but they are not categorized at Active/Deactivated Triggered campaigns like the other trigger-based campaigns. Is anyone familiar with the “Default” Campaign Type and can share more information about it?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Brooke,

Can you provide a screen shot of what you are seeing?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is one of the columns when you export the data. The column header is "Campaign Type" and one of the values in that column is "Default" (the various other values include "Active Trigger Campaign", "Inactive Trigger Campaign", "Batch Campaign - Never Run", etc.)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Brooke, 

I exported my own report and looked into several campaigns with a default status and it appears that they are campaings that are created but never run/activated. For example, I have template programs built with trigger campaigns for different program statuses. Depending on the event, I will not use some that I have created. When I look at my report, a large number of the default campaigns are these. I looked at others as well and it appears that my theory holds true for these as well.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff! A common theme I see from your response and from our own Marketo instance is that all of the "default" campaigns are managing progression statuses in some way. I believe that some of our "default" campaigns have been activated at some point.  One other odd thing is that when I go to these specific "default" campaigns in our instance is that the last modified date/time updates despite doing nothing (not even clicking on the Smart List, Flow, Schedule, or Results tabs). Just visiting the Smart Campaign link itself changes that last update stamp.