SOLVED

Re: Bulk API "Import Lead" returns with positive status response, but leads don't reflect changes.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bulk API "Import Lead" returns with positive status response, but leads don't reflect changes.

This is the call I'm referencing: Import Lead » Marketo Developers

I wait until status (Get Import Lead Status » Marketo Developers​) of batch says "Completed", "Import succeeded", and "'numOfRowsFailed': 0"; however, leads still remain unchanged. Considered there may be an asynchronous delay, but problem remains even after waiting overnight. Thought maybe values are changed, then reverted by other logic/triggers/etc., but this is not what's going on; the Activity Log on the lead never reflects the bulk call at all, despite the 'Completed' and 'Import succeeded' messages in the status response.

Anything similar happen to others using 'Import Lead' bulk API call? I'm concerned/hesitant trusting this call to reliably update information...

Potentially have a malformed request that isn't getting processed properly, but the response below from the Get Import Lead Status » Marketo Developers​ call indicates total success. I'd like to explore alternatives to Import Lead » Marketo Developers if its status cannot be trusted, so please let me know quickly.

status response, waited twelve hours but still no change on lead:

{u'status': u'Complete', u'batchId': 1207, u'numOfRowsWithWarning': 0, u'message': u'Import succeeded, 1 records imported (1 members)', u'numOfRowsFailed': 0, u'numOfLeadsProcessed': 1}

edit:
The field being changed has no input sources which are blocked. As per, Re: Bulk API "Import Lead" returns with positive status response, but leads don't reflect changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bulk API "Import Lead" returns with positive status response, but leads don't reflect changes.

In the url parameters, had used lookup_field instead of lookupField. Now, things are working as expected. Having default lookupField of email absent in the payload -- in conjunction with not having optional lookupField parameter set -- likely led to the rows being "processed" successfully without taking any action (something like a no-op).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the url parameters, had used lookup_field instead of lookupField. Now, things are working as expected. Having default lookupField of email absent in the payload -- in conjunction with not having optional lookupField parameter set -- likely led to the rows being "processed" successfully without taking any action (something like a no-op).

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thanks for updating, Kevin. There are always new rules to discover with null and/or absent fields. I can't find the post from my phone, but there was a recent thread about upserts with nulls that was interesting.