Bounced Email Notification

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bounced Email Notification

We'll be setting up a nurture campaign with emails that will come from our account manager (segmented by territory) email addresses. If an email address added to this campaign is invalid and the email bounces, will our account managers get a notification? Or is there any way to set that up?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Bounced Email Notification

Hi Laura,

You can set this up with a trigger campaign using the Email Bounces or Email Bounces Soft trigger.  You would then set the flow of the campaign to send an alert to whoever you choose.  You could also use the token {{lead.lead owner email address}} to send the email to whoever the lead owner is on the record at the time the lead goes through the campaign.

John

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I'd be careful with this though, as this could be an extremely large volume of leads.  Consider setting up smart lists or reports instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I then just pull the list daily to send to our account managers?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Yes, or just provide a link if they have marketo access and they can check periodically.  Subscribe to smart list will be available soon to automate a send as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it then just send the account manager the lead's contact information? or what would they receive? Can it be set up based on the segmentations that I've already set up?

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Laura,

An alert could be set up with any lead tokens you wanted.  These tokens would populate with lead information like {{lead.First Name}} {{lead.Last Name}}, etc.

If you set up a smart list for bounces, and you want to have the bounces separated by Lead Owner, you would need to have a smart list for every owner.  Exporting this list would give you all of the columns visible at the time you exported it, and those can be changed to give you whatever information you like.  Sending it to the lead owners would be a manual process.

I'm not sure what you mean by setting it up based on the segmentations.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

our leads each have a dedicated account manager based on territory. So we set up segmentations which is how these emails send from each separate account manager. I just want to make sure all account managers only get their specific leads information when an email bounces, not each and every bounce going to each and every acct mgr.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Ok, so yeah, in the Send Alert flow step you would use the Lead Owner setting if you choose to go that route.  Otherwise you would need a separate smart list for each lead owner.