Re: Best practices for setting up an onboarding engagement program

RoseannaW
Level 1

Best practices for setting up an onboarding engagement program

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an onboarding nurture program to help our customers get up and running with their products. This program will be using custom objects that are based on their usage of key features. Basically, if they using feature 1, send email A, if not, send email B. 

I can't work out the best way of doing this. I'm fairly new to Marketo and have so far only used Smart Campaigns to create a flow of emails. This was my initial plan, however, I've since discovered engagement programs. Is it better to go down the engagement program route for this onboarding program (using the streams to cascade the content) or stick with a smart campaign and (using flow steps to send the emails)?

If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Best practices for setting up an onboarding engagement program

What's the cadence of emails? Nurtures are designed for sending on certain days/times every week. If you need more customized timing (such as send first email when user is created, wait 3 days, check to see if they logged in, send another email...) you should use a smart campaign or possibly multiple smart campaigns.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor