Auto-populating Marketo Forms in other CMSs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto-populating Marketo Forms in other CMSs

I've got a few Marketo forms on pages within my Hubspot website. They don't auto-populate like the ones on my Marketo LPs do. Any ideas out out there on how to get Marketo LPs to auto-populate for people who have already filled out forms from non-Marketo LPs?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto-populating Marketo Forms in other CMSs

Hi Dan - I'm not overly familiar with Hubspot, so someone else may be able to provide better insights into the specific capabilities of the platform, but from my experience, there's, unfortunately, no easy way to accomplish this without pulling from the Marketo API (Baring some sub-par workarounds such as iframes to Marketo LPs, but that's not a road I would recommend). 

Have you considered the option of displaying custom HTML if a user is known, or leveraging progressing profiling to gather additional data?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo forms on marketo pages will display data to Known Leads as long as Pre fill is checked for the fields involved. This is default behavior. If Marketo doesn't have the data, then nothing is displayed.

If you want HubSpot data in marketo, then you should use the API to pass that data back to Marketo, or have HubSpot pass it to SFDC, thus back to Marketo.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Dan,

This is Marketo expected behavior not to have Marketo forms to prefill on non Marketo pages. This is done basically to protect the security of your data: someone may just copy the JS on their site and steal your data.

Sanford Whiteman​ has written quite a bit on this and can provide some workaround, AFAIK.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yep, it's doable, both at scale and w/security intact.  If time allows, I'm going to officially open-source the method I use for our clients on my blog. Then you can all really miss me at Summit.