Update on Marketo-Webex Events Integration

Karan_Hari3
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Marketing Nation – Webex has recently rolled out a new UI that is referred to as Webex Events (New). Our present connector supports events created in Webex Events (Classic) only. It doesn’t support events created in Webex Events (New). We are working to find a solution. In the meantime, we want to keep everyone updated about this change. This information has been updated in our the product documentation that can be accessed here.

9 Comments
hpavlac
Level 2

Hello @Karan_Hari3  - I was wondering if integrating with the updated version of Webex Webinars (which was previously called Webex Events New) is on the roadmap?  It looks like Webex Events (classic) is being deprecated in April of 2023.

Rick_Sysol
Level 1

I'm also wondering if WebEx Webinars (not Events) can be synced as the Event Partner in Marketo?

We noticed the change in WebEx when setting up the webinar (again, previously referred to as an event). I didn't think too much of it, but now I'm noticing that when I set WebEx as the event partner, only "events" from WebEx appear in the dropdown menu.

Thanks,

Rick

Stacy_Mangano
Level 2

Any updates on this? April 1st we won't be able to schedule anything in Webex Classic anymore, and will be forced to use WebEx Webinars.

AMitchell1
Level 1

Hi @Stacy_Mangano, I'm curious to know has your team found a resolve to this yet? Will you continue to use WebEx? We're also searching for a solution and would love some external feedback.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @AMitchell1@Stacy_Mangano, and @Rick_Sysol Marketo and Cisco have decided to provide offer an extension till Jul 31, 2023 for continue using the Cisco Events (Classic) and the native launchpoint service while Adobe works on deciding the future of the integration. Customers who’d like to extend their usage of Webex Events beyond the cut off date until Jul 31 would need to submit a form here before March 30 requesting the same. Check out the official announcement below: 

Important Announcement: Extension Request Form from Cisco for Webex Events for Marketo Customers usi...

Pavel_Plachky2
Level 1

Hi @Darshil_Shah1,

As the July 31st extension for the Marketo-Webex integration cutoff is approaching, could you please provide an update on the future plans or any alternatives? Many of us in the community have been utilizing this integration and are keen to understand the way forward, as well as any potential alternatives or new features that may be under development. Your guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Pavel

Darshil_Shah1

Thank you for bringing this up, @Pavel_Plachky2! I'll check with the product team, and post an update here.

Darshil_Shah1

@Pavel_Plachky2, apologies for the delay, but  I’d a chat with the relevant product team re this and their plan is to get the launchpoint to work with webex events before the July 31 end date. Ideally, we should get an update on this from Marketo soon.

Pavel_Plachky2
Level 1

@Darshil_Shah1 , thanks for the update.