Talk Marketo to Me: A Glossary for Marketo Terms

Meghana_Rao1
Marketo Employee
Marketo Employee

Smart list? Engagement programs? Clones? As a new Marketo user it can feel like working in Marketo is not just about learning how to use a platform, but learning how to speak a different language. If you're trying to understand all the terms and concepts you're running into, check out this Glossary of Marketo Terms! Let us know what your favorite Marketo phrase is by posting in the comments below.  

Update: The Marketo Product Docs now have a Marketo Glossary page! Check it out here: Marketo Glossary - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation ! 

If you see something that's missing or needs updating, let us know at cx@marketo.com. Happy learning!

To regularly receive content to help you through your Marketo onboarding and implementation, sign up for the Marketo Jumpstart series.

10 Comments
Lynn_Ray_Pardo
Level 5

Thank you for putting this together, Meghana. It's a wonderful tool for onboarding my team members.

And it's also good for me to read through it and refresh my own memory!

The title is hilarious .

Happy New Year!
Lynn

Meghana_Rao1
Marketo Employee

Thanks, Lynn Ray Pardo​! I learned a whole lot while putting it together. Glad to hear it's helping your team members! Don't hesitate to let us know if you come across more terms you'd like to see on there!

Lindsey_Petrama
Level 1

This is a great reference. Thanks Meghana!

Anna_Leary3
Level 3

Nice, Meghana! Thanks for putting this together - super helpful for any newbies!

Chloe_Pott
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Tokens ... Trigger Campaigns .... ((drooooll))

Love this doc! Sharing with my team stat!

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

That's amazing. Thank you so much!

Meghana_Rao1
Marketo Employee

Our pleasure! If you can't find a term or have any feedback, feel free to message me or email my team at cx@marketo.com!

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

This is good read. Thanks for sharing Meghana!

Adam_Blinzler2
Level 2

Tokens probably are both my favorite ability and term Marketo Uses. Though I did work with a coding platform called Tokens, Handlebars and thought that was a good name for them. I do enjoy saying Munchkin.

Robert_McKenzie
Level 2

This is great - thanks for sharing.