Re: How to use only 2 or 3 segments from a list of 10 segments in a segmentation

sadas
Level 1

How to use only 2 or 3 segments from a list of 10 segments in a segmentation

Hi - I am facing an issue while creating a snippet using segmentation. Our segmentation is defined for countries across the globe and there are 79 segments including global. But I want to use only 2 segments (to create snippet for two countries). But when I am using the segmentation I created with 79 segments, it is not allowing me to use only 2 segments, can anyone help me know if this is possible at all.

thank you!

Swetha SV
2 REPLIES 2
Edward_Rumsey
Level 3

Re: How to use only 2 or 3 segments from a list of 10 segments in a segmentation

Hi,

From what it sounds like, you have 1 segmentation with 79 segments, of which you want to make 2 unique and the remaining default. If you create the default snippet first, then all 79 segments will automatically be assigned this default when you make the snippet dynamic. You then create your 2 unique snippets on the 2 segments you want to target. So, you're effectively only targeting the 2 segments and leaving the remaining as default. You have to use all 79 segments in the 1 segmentation, you just leave them as automatically defined as default.

Best,
Edward Rumsey
sadas
Level 1

Hi, thanks for clarifying this for me. I will create the snippet accordingly.

Thank you.

Swetha SV