Alerts Timing - How to send alerts from Monday to Friday

camilaperezs
Level 1

Alerts Timing - How to send alerts from Monday to Friday

Hi, 

I have a trigger campaign that only works for sending alerts to internal people in the company. We want to send those alerts every 24 hours when a person has not been qualified yet. And we want to send those alerts from Monday to Friday. 

I made a test last week and apparently, Marketo will not send the alerts came on the weekends, on the next Monday. Alerts coming on Saturday and Sunday should go out on Monday and start counting the 24 hours to the next alert. 

Does someone know how to set up this flow? 

Thanks, 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Oz_Platero
Level 6

Re: Alerts Timing - How to send alerts from Monday to Friday

Hello @camilaperezs ,

Do you want to send alerts out 24/5?
Example: send alerts out 24 hours a day almost real time but only on Monday - Friday?

You will want to use advanced wait steps. Scroll down to number 4.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/core-marketo-concepts/smart-campa... 

The wait can be just 1 minute, but must end on M-F.  This will make it some it goes out 24/5. But you can adjust the wait times if you want it to go out at a specific time like M-F at 9AM.

Thank you,
oz

camilaperezs
Level 1

Hi @Oz_Platero

Thank you. Yes, that's exactly what I want to do. 

However, when I set up a certain time (like M-F 9am) all alerts are being sent from M-F at 9am, not every 24 hours. 

Also, the issue I saw when I didn't set up the time on this wait set up, is that I'm not receiving the alerts that we received on the weekend and were supposed to go on Monday. 

Jude_Su
Level 1

Hi,

I have set up 1 hour wait end on Monday to friday at 8 am.

But looks like after 1 hour passed they still are there in the wait step cause they did not progress to the next step.

so is my understanding correct if they land on the wiat step on Monday 11 am they will wait until tuesday 8 am is that correct?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Yes, that's how the advanced wait step function - people will be held back in the wait step after the Wait period is over until the next M-F 8 AM slot, and they won't get out from the wait step right away after the specified wait period is over.