SOLVED

Re: How to Remove space before subscript in emails on outlook?

Go to solution
Gautam_Chargotr
Level 2

How to Remove space before subscript in emails on outlook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouida_Linkous
Level 2

I can't take credit for this, but someone on my team (Juan Ngomo) shared this with me recently.  

When adding a superscript for items like ©, ®, th, st the email editor preview displays the superscript correctly but when the email is received, a space is added between the descriptive word or number and the superscript.

Ouida_Linkous_0-1581103088139.png

Few things can be done to solve this issue

1. Highlight the paragraph where the superscript was added & change it to "Double Space" as the image below (1)
  2. Open the editor and edit the HTML in the WYSIWYG editor. Change your <div> tags to <p> tags in the html code which is the same thing as the point 1.
  3. Also by surrounding the text with <span>31st</span> you can force the entire element to be rendered as one continuous line, this is also done in the editor

(1)

Ouida_Linkous_1-1581103088146.png

Hope this is helpful!!  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ouida_Linkous
Level 2

I can't take credit for this, but someone on my team (Juan Ngomo) shared this with me recently.  

When adding a superscript for items like ©, ®, th, st the email editor preview displays the superscript correctly but when the email is received, a space is added between the descriptive word or number and the superscript.

Ouida_Linkous_0-1581103088139.png

Few things can be done to solve this issue

1. Highlight the paragraph where the superscript was added & change it to "Double Space" as the image below (1)
  2. Open the editor and edit the HTML in the WYSIWYG editor. Change your <div> tags to <p> tags in the html code which is the same thing as the point 1.
  3. Also by surrounding the text with <span>31st</span> you can force the entire element to be rendered as one continuous line, this is also done in the editor

(1)

Ouida_Linkous_1-1581103088146.png

Hope this is helpful!!  

Gautam_Chargotr
Level 2

Thank you, it worked 🙂