Re: Emails not displaying properly in Outlook iOS

ebaldwin
Level 1

Emails not displaying properly in Outlook iOS

We are using a custom template that a dev company created for us, allowing us to make a number of different layouts with a lot of modular options. The emails look great on desktop. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 12.36.24 PM.png

And they look fine in the mobile preview.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 1.44.21 PM.png

But in Outlook iOS, it's completely broken.

IMG_0CD34DB0C139-1.jpeg

Has anyone else experienced this?

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Let me ask this first: if a company was paid to create the template, and they claimed to be competent email designers (which isn't the same as web designers, at all) then are you also asking them to fix their incomplete job?

ebaldwin
Level 1

Yup - they have also been contacted to look into this. It's a new hiccup - these templates were made a little over two years ago, and we've only recently moved to using Outlook across the company, so this issue never came up (this isn't to say that they shouldn't have tested for it)

The weirdest thing is that it only happens in the latest iOS version of Outlook. In Email on Acid, the iPhone 7 Outlook render looks fine, in the Apple Mail app it looks fine, and in Outlook on non-Apple devices it also looks fine. So I'm stumped and reaching out to as many outlets as possible.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'd have to start by providing the full template HTML, highlighted using the Syntax Highlighter.

And also please open a new thread for this in Products: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Products/ct-p/products

Then delete the thread here.

"University" is not actually a support space, I just happen to have run across your post.