Webex integration: Marketo should be able to retrieve Webex events created by any Webex host in the organisation, not just the ones created using the account for setting up the Launchpoint service

0 Likes

Webex integration: Marketo should be able to retrieve Webex events created by any Webex host in the organisation, not just the ones created using the account for setting up the Launchpoint service

For the Marketo-Webex integration to work, you need to set up the Launchpoint service and enter the credentials of the Webex Cisco account that will be used to create the Webex events.

This means that if you use another Webex account to create a Webex event, this event will not appear in Marketo.

In my organisation, anyone can schedule a Webex event. So none of these events will appear in Marketo. Only the ones created with the account used to set up the Launchpoint service.

This is not convenient at all. It would mean that the Webex events will have to be created by the same users using Marketo. Or that we create multiple Launchpoint services for every Webex host account. It does not make sense. This works well for a very small organisation, but not for one with hundreds of users.

Instead, this Launchpoint service should be a system setup, and not limited per user account. Once set up, Marketo should then be able to retrieve any Webex event scheduled within the organisation.

To summarize our call we spoke about creating an event in Webex and not seeing it under event settings under the event program settings drop down. This is because the person that is applicable to the launchpoint service was not the person who created the event.

We tested this by creating a new person and we had them create an event in Webex and we saw that this event showed in the dropdown using the article below:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/demand-generation/events/create-a...

I understand that the docs should state this in a note and I will let the relevant department know to have them changed.