Merge or hide duplicate or old Community profiles

Merge or hide duplicate or old Community profiles

I have several community user profiles because I have several Marketo logins.  Ideally I would like to be able to merge these all into 1 community user so that all Marketo instances would go to the same community user profile.  Right now I try to make sure I use 1 particular Marketo login in the community so that everything I do is in one place.  Sometimes that can be a pain when I am working in one Marketo instance, but my community user is in another Marketo instance.

I could settle with the ability to hide/archive the profiles I don't use from the community interface, though.  I could still use them, but they wouldn't show in search results.  This way people don't follow or interact with the profiles that I am not using.  So if I typed in Jenny Robertson, only the one I've designated as active would show up.  I've also noticed that when I want to send something to another member, I don't always know which community user is the right one to send it to.  For example, I've seen people leave a company, and when they start at their new company they get a new profile.  When I go to send them a message, it's hard to easily identify which profile is the one for their new job vs their old job.

10 Comments
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I Have 35 profiles, including some that I cannot access any longer... That would be great 🙂

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Although there is a great benefit to have multiple profiles : you can vote many times for your own ideas

Jenny_Robertso7
Level 5 - Champion

Hah - very tempting!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I absolutely agree with this. I have several inactive users at our company that I can't archive profiles for. They are clutter to me but maybe Marketo needs them to merge future profiles?

What we be awesome is the ability to keep the points/reputation earned when moving from one company to another. We just had someone join our team and she lost all her community reputation as it was linked with her previous company profile. Please fix this!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nation:

Thank you for highlighting this. We know this is an issue and trying to think through how we would resolve it.

Once challenge (to be transparent) is to quantify how big a problem this is. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can determine the impact on our customer base.

Otherwise, I will keep you posted.

s

Anonymous
Not applicable

There seems to be no value in the private company group because of this and it's annoying when working through simple things like updating your authorized contacts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Emily:  Can you tell me more -- elaborate on the no value part. Just trying to share information with others at our company.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, for one, I can't edit anything in our Group because the "Owner" was my maternity leave replacement and is no longer with the company. I've asked to have it changed but can't seem to get that done. It's odd that I have to go out of my way to make changes when a user is inactivated.

I just went and checked the People in our Company group and it looks a little different than a couple months ago, but there's about 3 inactive users (no longer with us) in there and a bunch of newly joined users that aren't showing. Am I supposed to manually update these? It's really confusing to sort through this and onboard new users.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if you are the admin for your Marketo Instance (probably, right?), but you can or I can take away access (delete them from group vs. community), if you want. Send me the name of the Secret Group and the people we should delete. I can't remove them from the overall community without doing some additional research == need verification from our sales team. Let me know how you want me to proceed.

Emily Dick

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas