Marketo Admins

Marketo Admins

It would be really great if there were user groups for Admins versus Marketers since their work is more operational versus marketing focused.

It would also be useful to have separate certifications for Marketo Marketers, Admins, and Developers (and have cheap/free dev sandboxes). (HT: Grant Booth​)

I'd love to see some training/discussions at the Summit for Admins as well.

11 Comments
Grant_Booth
Level 10

I really like the idea of separate training and certification programs for admins and developers. Having people with that kind of specialized knowledge is essential for larger mid-size to enterprise companies, with more complex processes, integrations, etc.

Raul_Cano2
Level 3

This is a great idea!

Jamie-Carey
Level 6

Thanks Raul! I appreciate your support.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Upvoted for the certifications part!

Not sold on the idea of separate MUGs, though.  Hard enough to get people to come out as it is (much harder due to last year's changes) and if it feels explicitly like "This isn't for me," turnout would be even lower.  Different MUGs already skew toward Admins or Marketers depending on the leader(s) anyway.

As for conferences I think there should be a wholly separate event for ops/tech folks. This is the only chance one would have to cross MUG boundaries (other than the Community).

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Agreed with Sanford, multiple certifications is an excellent idea, and I am not so much for separate MUG's, because it's too difficult to get people into MUG's already.

Voted.

-Greg

Jamie-Carey
Level 6

I wonder if people don't come to MUGs as much because they are unwilling to go if it is not targeted to their needs. We try to target our marketing efforts, shouldn't we use that same logic for user groups? Essentially, people are "unsubscribing" if they don't feel it's relevant. @grégoire_michel

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I think they don't go because it's (a) very frustrating to go through the steps to be approved to sign up (which wasn't a problem before) and (b) they aren't allowed to go to something outside of their geographic region. I don't think this is the place for narrow(er) targeting!

Jamie-Carey
Level 6

Those are definitely good points.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It must be hard for the MUG leaders - I don't know what support they have but maybe they don't have standardized ways to lead their groups. Some leaders will step up and create webinars, get togethers, etc, but it's hard to lead that + your job + your personal life. Do MUG leaders have standard event ideas for things they can do?

I'm 100+ miles from my user group so if we don't have items set up virtually I can't go.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I might be late to the party, but I'm all about this jazz...