GoToWebinar Event Details as Tokens

GoToWebinar Event Details as Tokens

Integration with GoToWebinar is great. However, when making landing pages and emails, errors can occur because things like Event Name, Event Start Time, etc. are not available as tokens automatically populated by the integration. Instead, marketers are required to edit their assets to include this information. For those of us doing weekly webinars, this is a hassle. Using Program specific tokens is a nice workaround, but still opens the door to error.

Having tokens like event.name (or similar) would allow for a more seamless experience and would help avoid embarassing mistakes if an edit is missed after cloning a prior program. 
5 Comments
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni
Scott,

You can do this using custom my.tokens on the Program level (or higher). Usually one creates a custom Program Template that has all of the webinar components. Then you clone this and edit the My Tokens and it fills in all the way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, that is the approach I am taking. However, the information right from GTW is sitting there in the Program, but not available as a token. Makes more sense to avoid using Program level tokens at all and let Marketo auto-create tokens simply by being connected to GTW.
John_Wolf1
Level 3
I agree with Scott - date, phone #, access code, even the Save The Date -- could all be auto-populated the same way {{member.webinar url}} is now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would really love to see this feature soon!
It is very error-prone to set up those values twice, in GTW and Marketo.
kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas