Go back to a single, long list of assets in emails and landing pages!!

Go back to a single, long list of assets in emails and landing pages!!

Just recently Marketo has switched from a single, long list of all emails and landing pages to a paged version if you clicked on "Emails" or "Landing Pages" from the Design Studio. This is incredibly cumbersome and elminates previous functionality that we used to have to "mass approve" assets.

It would be great if Marketo could go back to the old style of a single, long page of assets so that you can select more than 30 things to be approved at a time. 
32 Comments
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10
Sorting and approvals would be the two biggest issues that I see sticking out here as well!
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Erik,

Thanks for responding to address this. It also looks like there are some issues sorting on the Last Updated column as well, which I rely on to easily find pages that are updated to an "Approved with Draft" status when I make a change to a form.

Here's a screenshot of Page 1 of the Landing Pages section sorted by Last Updated (Descending).  Notice that it starts with Dec 4, 2014 and also shows dates in 2013. 
0EM50000000Sk4R.jpg

And when I click to page 30 (no changes made to the sorting, just updated the number next to page), there are pages that were last modified Oct 22, 2014.  
0EM50000000Sk4W.jpg

From what it looks like, it's sorting by the page name (Ascending) and not switching the sort to the Last Updated column.

Dan_Stevens_
Adam, Dory, Val and Kyle nailed it.  It's the ability to sort/approve the ENTIRE listing - not just the viewable listing, page by page. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it. I'll see about making an option to show more results on the page. I think that's probably our best way to comprimise for all usecases- that should allow you to do mass approves and sorting.
Dan_Stevens_
With an option to "show all". That's key here. Showing a predetermined number of additional results may lessen the impact of this change, but it will still be tedious and time consuming - especially for those instances that contain hundreds of emails and landing pages.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Question for the folks who commented here- are we mostly talking about approvals? If I gave you a "select all" option (kind of like you can do in the Lead DB for Single Flow Actions) would that work?

Also, there is sort of an issue with sorting I'll also fix.

-Erik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not being able to see all of the pages that use the same template (easily) is a bit vexing, but I'd be happy with a Select All as a work around for the approval issue.
Dan_Stevens_
We would only want to re-approve those assets that were affected by the template that they are based on. We would never approve all assets that may be in draft mode. That would be risky.
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor
@Dan - I had started a thread about that last week - I'm curious how you report on existing drafts vs drafts from a template change before re-approving?

@Erik - I think a good point of contention is that 'select all' can impact just certain templates.  For instance I noticed the filter doesn't really filter types or status or anything like that, so if I update 1 template I don't want to 'select all' and 'approve' since there may be other drafts out there that were not and should not be impacted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
FYI to all in here - after i noticed that, i created a ticket with Marketo Support, and they have deactivated the feature for me. I can now short and select as before 🙂