Get an alert when we try to send an email in draft version

Get an alert when we try to send an email in draft version

I think marketo should send an alert when we try to send an email that is not approved.

Let's say, you prepare your email, approve it, attach it to the flow "send email" to prepare your marketing activity.

And then you want to rework on your email. Your email is then in draft status. Your forget, and you run your marketing activity. The email that will be sent would be the last approved version, which is probably not the one you wanted to send.

Marketo should program an additional step which would warn the user "Be careful, your mail is in draft status, approve it before sending".
6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great idea, especially for newbies who haven't leanred the discipline to check that before sending!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It actually would be great if there was something on the schedule tab that would show that the email associated with a campaign has a draft version on it. Even for an experiences user you can at times miss the fact that last minute minor changes haven't had the draft version approved.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10
I like getting the idea of getting an alert email, similarly to when I've received alert emails when there's something wrong with a campaign. A few of my colleagues have sent draft versions of emails :(. 
Anthony_Baldman
Level 2

Marketo Product Managers,

Has there been any movement on this since 2013? Will you even see this suggestion? If there is a draft version of the email and it's being scheduled, or maybe a warning on the Schedule tab there should be some type of warning to let the user know they are sending an email with a draft. 

I have found multiple suggestions for this same feature below: 

(120 score)

(70 score)

(280 score)

Also, see section 3, (3-The error-drivers:) of this list: Just do it! Marketo so-called minor missing features 

Thanks Greg for this. 

thanks,

Anthony

CC: 

Grégoire Michel

Iryna Zhuravel

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Kevin_Stinson
Level 3

I have had others on my team hoping this will be implemented but I see this idea has been out there since 2013