Form Embed - get 'form pre-fill' to work on non-marketo landing pages

Form Embed - get 'form pre-fill' to work on non-marketo landing pages

The javascript for embedding forms in HTML is great, but the lack of 'pre-fill form' and 'progressive profiling'  on non-marketo landing page is SO disappointing.
18 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
As the great and all-knowing Beck would say, "Hell yes".
Anonymous
Not applicable
sooo disappointing. let's fix this, ASAP, por favor!
Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3
We're using this for our email preference center, and it's making it REALLY difficult for our users to identify what they're already subscribed to. Please enable pre-fill!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would love to see this fixed!
Erin_Miller1
Level 2
Why is this not fixed by now?
Lucho_Soto
Level 5

Any updates on this?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

ProgPro actually does work on embedded forms.

Prefill does not, and given the stated security position of Marketo, I don't think this will be officially changed in the near future.

But workarounds do exist.  I am bound by NDA, but I know there's one out there that works very well and might be released soon. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sangford,

What's ProgPro? I'm not familiar with it. Interesting comment about a workaround...

Carolyn

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Progressive Profiling.  Many people believe ProgPro doesn't work on embedded forms because Prefill doesn't.  But ProgPro stil works, because the values of the fields don't need to be transmitted to the browser, just the fact that there is a value.

If you're interested in the workaround, feel free to join the list at http://markivo.com.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Can't you just set cookies with the info you'd want pre-filled?