Convert Lead to a Designated Account in SFDC

Convert Lead to a Designated Account in SFDC

When using the Flow step "Convert Lead" it would be great to designate which SFDC Account to convert the lead to. Converting the lead creates a new Account and I need to manually merge the Accounts in SFDC.
7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, totally agree. We found a workaround for now, which involves a tool called LeanData. It's pretty cheap, and it finds Lead-to-Account matches for you, and gives you a simple way to convert them account by account. Not 100% ideal, but it's the best we've found so far.
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni
Good to know. Thank you for commenting, Drew.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another work around, albeit a manual solution, is to make sure the Account names on the Lead Records are identical to the Accounts you want to convert the Lead into, and then sync the Leads over to SFDC as Lead Records, and then use a tool like ConvertRX Pro (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000009xFv1EAE), which will mass convert them into the Account based on Account Name.  I have done it this way with success.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Drew, thanks for mentioning LeanData (disclosure, I work for LeanData.) Adam, we have newer products available now, which provide auto-routing and auto-converting based on account match. Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni
RingLead is also capable of this, but works in SFDC like LeanData (which also works well).
Andrew_Donnelly
Level 2

Yes please! We have a lot of existing accounts in Salesforce and we get new "leads" from customer accounts all the time, responding to upsell campaigns or webinars. It would be great to convert them to contacts and attach them to existing accounts - in fact, it's a must for us.

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas