Cap Registrations for Events

Cap Registrations for Events

There are many events in which having an unlimited amount of attendees could be a huge logistical problem. I'd love a way to cap the amount of attendees and automatically switch the landing page to a closed registration when registrations have hit its cap. Basically - "If list count = X, then show X landing page"

This was also discussed in this thead:
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PFSGAA4

64 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
We NEED this! Nearly all of our events are capped at a certain number and manually monitoring is unrealistic, especially for such an automated program.
David_Gallaghe2
Level 5
Hi Marketo,

Has this made it onto the roadmap... seams pretty important and super useful to most of us. It really is mission critical for in-person event management.

Cheers,
David
Karen_Black
Level 5
I sat through the roadmap session during Summit this year, and raised the question of capping events.  Cheryl mentioned it is on their radar, but there was no date commitment just yet. 

Someone mentioned to me in the interim, to redirect your landing page to another once registration caps.  We are trying this with an upcoming event.  Fingers crossed it will work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We would love to have this functionality.
Alexis_Shamsi_H
Level 3
Please develop this capability and prioritize to be at the top of your list. Per David G's comment this is absolutely a mission critical item for those of us from event-intensive organizations.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was suprised to find out that this functionality doesn't exist in Marketo after a stakeholder requested that I limit registration to their event. 

This is a feature we'd like to see built into Marketo in the near future.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see no response from Marketo after multiple years of people asking. How about someone from Marketo responds and lets people know why an obvious registration management feature is missing? C'mon Marketo...
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Should be easy to enable this and manage registrations at the program level. Let's go MKTO!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to see this implemented!

David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

It would be great to roll this out with

In a way the two go hand in hand. We love the events check in app, but having the ability to simply scan a code that goes to a thank you page with any QR reader combined with registration limits would be ideal!