Be able to inject easily CSS classes on Form fields, labels, columns and rows

Be able to inject easily CSS classes on Form fields, labels, columns and rows

On the the main difficulties with styling forms is that it is quite difficult to distinguish form elements apply various styling to them.

Sanford Whiteman​ has provided some very powerful solution using tags but the limit of it is that your CSS needs to know in advance the fields that are used in the form and their layout.

The whole form styling would be much easier if, on any field in the form designer, we could add class to the input field itself, to it' label, to the form column and the form row :

pastedImage_0.png

These class would automatically be injected into the form html.

This is a functionality that many CMS offer, and I simply got inspired by these

-Greg

7 Comments

Better yet, the list of classes that could be made available should be set in the admin, by admins, and end users would only have to pick them in multi-valued picklists.

-Greg

Michael_Mason
Level 4

Would this assume that operational marketers know what CSS classes within the schema mean? I'm wondering if that might be too much to ask. Or would it be a matter of selecting one and testing in their browser?

My comment is that the list of usable classes would be set by admins and users would select the classes and test in the browser, indeed.

-Greg

Andrew_Sielen1
Level 3

This is sorely needed. The default form markup is a complete mess and bloated.

HI Andrew,

workaround here: Better styling of forms : yet another framework

-Greg

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

flashflood7
Level 1

Has this ever been solved?? I'm baffled that Marketo has not implemented something like this yet, and if they have I missed it 🤷‍♂️