Allow deletion of "overridden" tokens, to return them to "inherited" status

Allow deletion of "overridden" tokens, to return them to "inherited" status

I have a token in a child program, named {{my.Example}}, and it is nested inside a parent engagement program. The parent program also has a token named {{my.Example}}. Because the name of the token in the child program matches the name of the token in the parent program, it is listed as an overridden token, with the value of the token in the child program replacing the value in the parent program when it is used inside the child program.

For example, if I set the {{my.Example}} token to "mother" in the parent program, and "son" in the child program, any place within the parent program where {{my.Example}} appears, the word "mother" will be rendered, except when it appears inside the child program, in which case "son" will be rendered instead. The problem is that if I ever want to release control of the {{my.Example}} token within the child program so that it no longer controls the value of that token at the level of the child program, I cannot.

In my example, this means that there is no means by which I can make the child program refer to the parent so that {{my.Example}} will render "mother". Instead, if I want to make {{my.Example}} the same in both the parent and the child, I have to set it in both places. This defeats the purpose of having inherited tokens in the first place. I propose that this be addressed by allowing me to delete the overridden token, thus allowing it to show up as an inheritted token that gets its value from the parent.

18 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would really help if this problem is solved ASAP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will you send me an email on this fpassantino@marketo.com for us to chat. I would love if you could show me this over screen share. I have tried reproducing this numerous times now, but I have always been able to successfully delete the overridden token.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email send, please contact me.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I could show tons of examples as well. Please share your findings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Frank, were you able to successfully reproduce this? I have a current example I can share. Any timeline for a fix?

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

Frank Passantino​ following up on this as well. Do you have a timeline to fix this bug? I am still unable to delete overriden tokens without having to hunt them down in emails, delete them, then add them back in after deletion.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hello Frank Passantino​ and Justin Cooperman​,,

This problem is still there, and appears on the Sky UX too.

And this is really a significant pain in large companies that do a lot of program cloning. We are ending up wilt 100+ program with wrong token values that we cannot delete. We have to edit each of them, one by one. hundreds of token values to edit. A nightmare.

-Greg

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas