Adding multiple scores.

Adding multiple scores.

Hi,

I'd like to create a master score or integer field that is a sum of 3 different scores (Demographic, Contact, and Activity) is this possible to do on the marketo side? I know I can do it once the lead is over to SFDC.

Thanks,
Knox
6 Comments
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni
Hi Knox,

I don't believe there is a way to create a formula to add up the 3 scores you have in Marketo. If you use Salesforce and have these three fields synced to Salesforce, you can work with the SFDC Admin to create a formula field to sum up the scores. 
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10
You can add/remove the overall score with every change of the Demographic/Contact/Activity scores (so you always need 2 flow actions, 1 for the specific score, 1 for the overall score). Alternatively, open a support ticket to have "munctions" switched on. They allow functions in Change Data Values, including "SUM". 
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni
Jep - I'm interested in knowning more about these "munctions".  Is this new functionality that is coming soon? Are there other mathematical operations available besides sum?
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10
@Val: it's on request only (Beta). It does: trimming whitespace, search & replace, delete all but first x characters ('first'), delete all but last x characters ('last'), sum, regular expression replace, lookup function in custom object, date formatting. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jep_Castelein : Munctions is not a supported feature. Marketo can make it available to some enterprise customers if a consultant is working with them, however the feature was created for a very specific purpose for a single customer, and it is very powerful tool that can corrupt the data in an instance if not used correctly. A single typo could ruin your entire instance. This tool is not meant for public use, and is only for technical consultants who are implementing a solution to address specific issues in a customer's instance.

If you have a specific use case that requires this feature, you can open a ticket with Marketo Professional Services to engage a consultant that can activate this feature for you at an additional cost. If this interest you, then emailing services@marketo.com will open a ticket to discuss your needs.

kh-lschutte
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas