Marketing Automation Manager Position - UPS
We have an open position for a Marketing Automation Manager position at UPS in Atlanta, GA. Details of the job are below. If you are interested and have the skill set we are seeking please respond to this post and also apply via the "Apply Now" link at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
The Marketing Automation Manager is responsible for developing, executing and measuring email, demand generation, and multi-channel lead nurturing campaigns through UPS’s marketing automation system (i.e., Marketo). He/She collaborates with Marketing and Sales on campaign strategy, requirements, and design. This position is responsible for all aspects of program creation and execution within Marketo—inclusive of target selection, list segmentation, email compliance, email creation, workflow development, scoring model refinement, reporting, and performance optimization. The Marketing Automation Manager serves as the Marketo subject matter expert for the group, and provides training and guidance to new Marketo users. He/She provides guidance on the global rollout of the marking automation tool, providing insights on topics such as system configuration, supporting processes, documentation, and best practices. This position contributes to the management of the Marketo data health, cleanliness, and integrity.
The Marketing Automation Manager measures, analyzes, and optimizes campaign performance, leveraging A/B testing techniques. He/She collaborates with key stakeholders in marketing and sales on campaign strategy, creative concepts, target audience selection criteria, offer and message strategy, schedules, budgets, and return on investment plans to enforce consistency across customer segments and audiences. This position monitors email, demand generation, and nurtures best practices through external benchmarking surveys, conferences, and periodicals to influence internal policy development, strategy development, and implementation. He/She interacts with key marketing automation system stakeholders to ensure the system and supporting processes meet stakeholder needs and email channel, lead generation, and multi-channel nurturing best practices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g. Quality Performance Review, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day-to-day administration of processes and formal procedures
- Develops project plans (i.e. detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications
- Develops and delivers presentations for championing innovation and persuading stakeholders to support changes in improving and refining email channel/demand generation/lead nurturing strategies and usage
- Collaborates with Marketing and Sales partners to stay informed of latest initiatives, priorities, and campaign support needed
- Analyzes and reports on results to senior management to evaluate overall channel and campaign effectiveness
- Leads meetings to articulate email channel strategy and to integrate messaging strategy with other channels or partners, achieving integration synergy with other Communications and Digital Channel partners
Knowledge and Skills
- Budget Management: Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area’s budget on organizational financial plan
- Communication Design and Management: Designs messaging and visuals for appropriate audience; specifies needs and requirements for new communication programs; identifies and addresses logistical issues with communication programs
- Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately
- Vendor/Supplier Management: Demonstrates a broad understanding of UPS and vendor business needs and goals; reviews and recommends appropriate vendors based on business needs to internal stakeholders; provides input into the creation of vendor contracts or agreements; communicates expectations to vendors
- Experience demonstrating proficiency with HTML - Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Communications, Marketing, or related discipline - Preferred
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Preferred
- Experience demonstrating database skills - Preferred
- Experience demonstrating CSS skills - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law