Shape the Future of Kanjoya as our Marketing Manager of Demand Generation
Marketing Manager of Demand Generation, Kanjoya, San Francisco, CA
Kanjoya builds solutions that empower companies to build fantastic workplace experiences and the best workforces. Based in the Financial District of San Francisco, Kanjoya has helped companies like Twitter, Cisco, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Uber, and Fitbit understand their employees' hopes, needs, and aspirations – and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, and Fast Company. Now we’re in growth mode, scaling our marketing and sales teams to drive triple digit growth.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Marketing Manager of Demand Generation will play a pivotal role in our growth. You will own the demand generation and funnel management process and make decisions that shape the future of the marketing function and the company. Specifically, you will:
- Develop multi-channel acquisition and nurture strategy across email, web, social, and mobile channels with the goal to drive pipeline conversions and sales goals
- Create story lines for each segment, buyer, or decision maker, and determine the sequence of assets and messaging for each nurture track
- Develop, execute, and measure the ROI of inbound and outbound programs using Marketing/Salesforce; programs can include -- but are not limited to email marketing, webinars, SEO, PPC, web-based events, and live conferences
- Draft, write, edit, proof-read, and launch program assets, including emails, landing pages, and webinar presentations
- Test, measure, and optimize messaging, assets/content, flows, and programs for different segments and target accounts
- Own database management, analytics, and reporting to increase program effectiveness
- Collaborate with Sales to track conversion rates at each stage of the marketing funnel and sales pipeline
- Create Salesforce.com reports for Sales teams and update them on programs, initiatives, and lead qualification
What You Must Have:
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience using Marketo and Salesforce or a daily or weekly basis as a marketing user or administrator. Certification in either or both application a significant plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data, identify trends, analyze program effectiveness, and communicate recommendations to teammates and stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in designing, executing, and measuring the impact of email marketing, nurture programs, SEO/SEM programs, and live and online events; AB testing experience is very attractive for us
- Passionate storyteller and exceptional writer -- especially writing copy for nurture emails, landing pages, marketing campaigns, SEO/SEM, and blog posts.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and stakeholders
- Self-starter, who can work independently and proactively to identify and resolve issues, take ownership for tools and process, and communicate the impact to the right individuals
- Keen understanding of what sales teams need to be successful and the ability to deliver it
- Be scrappy. Able to get things done with minimal resources
- Extensive experience with Excel, PowerPoint, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and SEO
- College graduate with B.A./B.S. degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Management preferred; natural ability to quickly adopt new digital technologies a huge plus
- Must work from the San Francisco office; no telecommuting.
What You’ll Enjoy:
We care about the work we do and the people we do it with. We value diversity and we actively seek people of different cultures, experiences, and perspectives. We are family-friendly, and we value creativity and initiative. We like each other, we laugh together, and when you need a break, we have a great PTO policy.
Send your resume, cover letter, blog post (attributed to you), and a campaign you created to email@example.com.