Suggestion/Improvisation for Dark Mode clients

Jasbir_Kaur
Level 5

Suggestion/Improvisation for Dark Mode clients

Hi Everyone,

As we know, lots of dark mode email clients doesn't support all the colors some supports fully however some partially support.

Does anyone have any latest code for the dark mode clients or have any suggestions on the best code for the dark mode email clients as we struggle every time when we need to work on the dark mode projects, like how we choose the colors according to the email clients?

Any help would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Jasbir

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Re: Suggestion/Improvisation for Dark Mode clients

I think it's still early in the adoption curve to be thinking about dark-mode specific builds. From what I understand there's still very little access to be able to write supported cross-client code.

There's a ton of info, tips and tricks in the "The Ultimate Guide to Dark Mode for Email Marketers" that Litmus put out here:

https://www.litmus.com/blog/the-ultimate-guide-to-dark-mode-for-email-marketers

Personally, Im hoping this is just a fad and either goes away or gets some sort of standard support, but from my POV that day is a long way away. Typically "safe email code" seems like it is somewhere around 5-8yr behind "safe web code" b/c of all the differences between inbox clients in terms of universally supporting anything, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.

roadshowhannah
Level 3

Thank you for sharing @Dave_Roberts - we use ark mode for our business/clients. I found this article very useful.

Hannah
Jasbir_Kaur
Level 5

Hi @Dave_Roberts,

Thanks for sharing your valuable inputs.

However, I am following the same approach. Let me know in case anything comes up new.

Thanks!

Jasbir