SOLVED

Syncing 'Interesting Moment' type data to Dynamics without Sales Insight

Go to solution
Petri_Swart
Level 1

Syncing 'Interesting Moment' type data to Dynamics without Sales Insight

Hi 

We're currently in the process of syncing our Marketo instance with Dynamics. One of the key things we're wanting to bring across from Marketo in our CRM is 'interesting moment' type data for a contact, such as which of our marketing emails they've received, which ones they've opened/engaged with, visits to key website pages etc.

We don't currently have Sales Insights, so I wondering if anyone knows of a way to enable or set up this kind of sync without Sales Insight?

Or is there a way to jsut sync a contact's Activity Log from Marketo to Dynamics?

Thanks!

Petri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Re: Syncing 'Interesting Moment' type data to Dynamics without Sales Insight

I am honestly not a Dynamics user so not 100% sure there's another way, but since those are native Marketo fields, there isn't really a good (easy) way to get those syncing to the CRM. 

The methods I would use, are either 1) when you're creating interesting moments, ALSO write a completely task on the contact record with the same interesting moment value. I'm not sure how MS Dynamics works like this, but in SFDC, we can create a task and then you can filter on task names, types, descriptions, etc., to achieve this same outcome.

The other option would be to 2) create whichever of the interesting moment fields you'd like to get into your CRM as new fields on your person object. Then, setup triggers or batches or whatever makes sense for your instance to populate those new fields with whatever is currently in the "REAL" interesting moment fields, similar to how you'd create a 'mirror' field to match a Segementation from Marketo, since Segmentation fields themselves are not accessibly from the API or CRM intergrations. 

Hope that makes sense!
Chris  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

I am honestly not a Dynamics user so not 100% sure there's another way, but since those are native Marketo fields, there isn't really a good (easy) way to get those syncing to the CRM. 

The methods I would use, are either 1) when you're creating interesting moments, ALSO write a completely task on the contact record with the same interesting moment value. I'm not sure how MS Dynamics works like this, but in SFDC, we can create a task and then you can filter on task names, types, descriptions, etc., to achieve this same outcome.

The other option would be to 2) create whichever of the interesting moment fields you'd like to get into your CRM as new fields on your person object. Then, setup triggers or batches or whatever makes sense for your instance to populate those new fields with whatever is currently in the "REAL" interesting moment fields, similar to how you'd create a 'mirror' field to match a Segementation from Marketo, since Segmentation fields themselves are not accessibly from the API or CRM intergrations. 

Hope that makes sense!
Chris  

Petri_Swart
Level 1

Thanks Chris.

Marketo have confirmed pretty much what you have said below. It's doable and sounds like it would be similar to the process you have set up for SFDC. But would be a huge project, so we've decided to just bite the bullet and get MSI.

Thanks for your help though 🙂

Cheers

Petri