Sync person(s) to Dynamics failed due to: Read timed out.

Ana_Kvesic
Level 1

Sync person(s) to Dynamics failed due to: Read timed out.

Hi,

I can see a message: "Sync person(s) to Dynamics failed due to: Read timed out." in the Activity log. 

This doesn't happen often, but it happens, and I would like to know when it happens. 

Is there a way to create a Smart List that would include everyone from my database with that Activity Type and Detail? Or some kind of notification so I would know that the sync failed. 

Btw. This doesn't appear in the Admin sections under Sync Errors; I can just see it in the Activity log. 

Thanks! 

Ana Kvesic
1 REPLY 1
MitchellH
Level 2

Re: Sync person(s) to Dynamics failed due to: Read timed out.

I don't recall ever seeing that sync failure message. Annoyingly, there doesn't seem to be a way to add a constraint for failure or success reason when building a smart list or trigger, so it's difficult to get them all in one place.

It's easy to build a program that notifies you of sync failures, just pick a field that will be populated when the sync is successful (e.g. "Microsoft Type") and set up a smart campaign that triggers whenever a person is synced and that field is still blank, meaning the sync failed. Then you can check the failure reason each time.

"Read timed out" definitely suggests some sort of issue where Marketo is having trouble connecting with your Dynamics instance. Have you tried re-authenticating the sync user in Marketo?

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help!