Connecting a Maketo Sandbox to a New Salesforce Sandbox

ananmitt
Level 1

Connecting a Maketo Sandbox to a New Salesforce Sandbox

I am not sure, if I am posting in the right forum but the question is around connecting Marketo Sandbox to a new Salesfoce sandbox. So appears to be the correct, but please let me know if its not the correct place to ask this question.

What are the issues with connecting the same Marketo Sandbox instance with a new salesforce Test Sandbox? Is it complicated for some reason?

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Connecting a Maketo Sandbox to a New Salesforce Sandbox

What are the issues with connecting the same Marketo Sandbox instance with a new salesforce Test Sandbox? Is it complicated for some reason?

What do you mean by same? Do you mean connecting a Marketo instance already synced with a CRM to a new SFDC Sandbox org? FYR - OOTB, Marketo can only be synced to 1 SFDC org and once synced you cannot swap orgs.

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

As mentioned by @Darshil_Shah1 Marketo instance can be synced to one CRM instance only. We cannot change the connection to new instance, you can only connect two new instances. 

efernandezapus
Level 1

What specifically, prevents it? We refresh our Salesforce sandbox about once a month and have to re-establish the sync using the new Org ID. What would happen if we were to use the Org ID of a different sandbox?