GDPR: Carpe Diem, Marketers

Michelle_Miles3
Level 9 - Champion Alumni
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

What a difference a day makes. In just 24 hours, the course of business can radically change. Two examples come immediately to mind, one from recent headlines and the other, (of course!) the looming GDPR deadline.

March 16, 2018: A dark day for social media as news spread worldwide about Facebook’s illegal data harvesting practices. As a result of the scandal, the social media giant’s market value dropped by $80 billion and negatively impacted stock for other social media leaders, including YouTube, Google and Twitter. One day. An $80 billion difference.

May 25, 2018: The date many marketers have circled on their calendars—the day GDPR becomes enforceable. Lots of changes are coming our way, including how we collect, use and store data. And here again, the impact of 24 hours is significant. More precisely, from May 24 to May 25, your previous marketing practices could cost you €20 million or 4% of your global revenues, if you don’t make appropriate adjustments. Lead scoring and data enhancements—get ready for a very different landscape. Leveraging content to capture data? Better rethink that one, too. GDPR is unavoidable but you can proactively prepare.

What’s the most common question marketers are asking as they get ready for GDPR? Get the answer and a few helpful tips in this short video.

Carpe GDPR

Some disruptors are out of our control—GDPR is happening, whether we like it or not. But how you prepare for it can change your business outcome, which brings me to another significant day.

April 30, 2018: Join me for peer-to-peer GDPR learning opportunities at Marketo Summit. It starts at 11:30 with my breakout session “Fearless Marketing in a GDPR World: Tips to Thrive Amidst New Regulations” immediately followed by a GDPR meet-up in the Moscone South Hall during lunch. This will be an excellent opportunity to build your GDPR support network, share your frustrations, ask your questions and get clarity on GDPR’s confusing requirements. Pre-registration for the breakout session is encouraged as I’m told it will be standing room only. And if you’re not yet registered for Summit, we’ve got you covered. Register with our VIP code, Perkuto 300, to save $300 off a full conference pass.

Marketo Summit is just days away—seize the opportunity to prepare yourself for GDPR, learn more about Marketo and meet the Perkuto team. I hope to see you there!

You can find a GDPR Resource Center with all of my GDPR content on the Perkuto site here.

1 Comment
Rob_Cummerson
Level 2

Hi Michelle I am booked on and looking forward to the session.

See you next week