Re: Landing Page Form Fill Not Captured in Smart Lists

Liz_Sullivan
Level 1

Landing Page Form Fill Not Captured in Smart Lists

We created a Marketo landing page with a form for webinar registrations. When someone fills out the form, they are directed to a thank you page, their program status is changed to Registered, and they are added to a Salesforce campaign. After a few days of launching the page, we noticed that the Marketo program count of registrations was different from our salesforce campaign, about 10% of registrants were not captured in Marketo but were captured in Salesforce. We double checked with the 10% to see if they truly did register, or if Salesforce logic was erroniously adding them, but the individuals said they did register. The source of the registration seemed to be a link that redirected to the Marketo landing page. I am wondering what could cause people to not be picked up at the Marketo program level (or even in a smart list calling all people who filled out the form), yet they were still being added to the SFDC campaign upon the form fill trigger. Anyone else every experience this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Can you please share your smartlist trigger logic, as well as the flow steps in your smartlist?  Lastly, can you confirm the form asset in question is not being used by any other programs or triggers that may be causing the issue?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I am wondering what could cause people to not be picked up at the Marketo program level (or even in a smart list calling all people who filled out the form), yet they were still being added to the SFDC campaign upon the form fill trigger. Anyone else every experience this issue?

This mismatch doesn't make much sense and certainly doesn't coincide with any known behavior.

If the sole trigger is Filled Out Form and they're a member of the campaign, then the person filled out the form.

I suspect you accidentally set some other constraint on your Smart List, or mistyped the form name, if you're not seeing those same people as having Filled Out Form. 

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Same thoughts Sanford. That's why I asked for the "Used By" piece too, in case there is a separate trigger picking up the 'missing' Marketo leads, but that are being passed to SFDC through some other method/smart campaign. Curious to see what they come back with!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yeah, I just had my draft open for awhile and didn't know you'd responded in the interim. Basically the same questions!