Re: BONUS: How to "KonMari" Your Marketo Instance for Peak Performance - Efficiency Tips

Katie_Pedroza2
Marketo Employee

BONUS: How to "KonMari" Your Marketo Instance for Peak Performance - Efficiency Tips

Follow along as Marketo experts, Helen Abramova‌ and Matthew Gomez‌ share their Efficiency Tips for Marketo. 

Before sure to check out the full webinar, How to "KonMari" You Marketo Instance for Peak Performance, on-demand here.

Questions or feedback? Be sure to leave them in the comments!

5 REPLIES 5
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: BONUS: How to "KonMari" Your Marketo Instance for Peak Performance - Efficiency Tips

Love this 'fast tips' section!

Helen_Abramova1
Level 5

Christina, thank you! I wonder if you have your own tips to add?

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I added a couple of ideas to the idea section of the webinar during the live event . Here are some other ideas:

I usually go through once a quarter and shut down old campaigns/archive. I do it myself since I find it soothing  but it's also a great thing for an intern to take on (provided you trust that intern).

My old instance relied heavily on inherited tokens so I would review those a few times a year to make sure they were still relevant to what we were doing (soooooooooooo easy to put into a place a new process and forget things like this, creating confusion and clutter).

Once a year I tried to clean up design studio images/irrelevant forms/old templates (scary, I know) and did one project with the Design team where we completely refreshed our images and implemented the most beautiful naming conventions I have ever seen. 

Analytics can sometimes get cluttered with a million very specific reports (2015-Email Report for EMEA <--example) so removing those or figuring out if they're actually used/needed is great.

Also, since it's just us friends here in the circle of trust, having a 'read only' user role or maybe 'analytics only' and if someone hasn't logged in for 30+ days and they aren't OOO/on leave, moving them to that role to see if they scream. If so, they must be using the account sometimes...if not, they aren't really using it, are they? Or if they are supposed to be using it and aren't I'd use that as a time to plan my next quarter or two of training

Matthew_Gomez1
Level 2

These are AWESOME! I love the idea of cleaning up old forms/templates. It gets tough to find the latest most relevant stuff over time. Thanks for sharing your ideas Christina Zuniga‌!

Abhishek_Chand2
Level 5

Great insights...

• How to tidying up the Marketo Instance
  • Set-up the foundations
  • Know your environment
Abhishek Chandra