SOLVED

Re: wait steps Mo-Thu

Go to solution

wait steps Mo-Thu

Hi Everyone,
I would like to use a wait step in my email nurture campaign based on the following rule
When someone added to the list, wait at least 24 hours and send the next email. I want to send the email only on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 8.00-18.00. I can see an option in the wait step duration, but only for Mon- Fri
How can I set up this sending time in the wait step?

Thank you in advance
Kata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

In the stream cadence. Here you set the days your email will go out and the time. (You can't use Recipient Time Zone, if you're using Nested Programs).

So in that regard, the Engagement Program's sending schedule is rather rigid. If you want to make it more flexible, check out this blog post on pausing and un-pausing program members in your nested programs:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Champion-Program-Blogs/Engagement-Program-Hacks-for-Variable-Cadence-a...

But still: All emails in a stream will go out at the specified time of day. 10am e.g. That's a specification you should accept when dealing with Engagement Programs. Theoretically you could set up various streams with identical content that send at different times of day, but why would you want that?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Have you thought about setting this up in an Engagement Program? Have your stream fire only Monday through Thursday, and have your one day wait in a Smart Campaign that adds persons to the program.

stream_setting.jpg

entry_list.jpg

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your answer. I am using email campaigns, not Engagement campaign. Is there any way to solve this with email campaigns?

Hi Michael

Finally, I built up an engagement program. I have 6 nested email programs for 3 streams. My question would be where should I set up the sending time? In the smart campaign (called send email) or in the stream or in the stream cadence? If I add a waiting step eg 5 minutes,  will be sent out in 5 minutes, or on the date and time which is given in the stream cadence time?
I am a bit confused. Thanks a lot in advance

Kata

Michael_Florin
Level 10

In the stream cadence. Here you set the days your email will go out and the time. (You can't use Recipient Time Zone, if you're using Nested Programs).

So in that regard, the Engagement Program's sending schedule is rather rigid. If you want to make it more flexible, check out this blog post on pausing and un-pausing program members in your nested programs:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Champion-Program-Blogs/Engagement-Program-Hacks-for-Variable-Cadence-a...

But still: All emails in a stream will go out at the specified time of day. 10am e.g. That's a specification you should accept when dealing with Engagement Programs. Theoretically you could set up various streams with identical content that send at different times of day, but why would you want that?

Thanks a lot, it helps me a lot!