update acquisition date

Anonymous
Not applicable

update acquisition date

Hi, I need to update the acquisition program and acquisition date fields for a number of leads as I only realised late that they didn't fill in automatically. The form was embedded in a different web page. The acquisition program field is easy to update, but how can I update the acquisition date accurately? I can update it with the created date but don't think that's possible?

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: update acquisition date

The system will figure it out when you update Acquisition Program.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

But you can also use Change Data Value > Acquisition Date

My philosophy to this sort of thing is that ANYTHING is possible here until you don't see it in the picklist of fields or cannot figure out a way to make it work using other fields. Just give it a try

Anonymous
Not applicable

My problem is that I want to update the acquisition date field with the date that the lead was created on and the dates vary widely. I don't want to manually go in and check the date they got created and the update them. I can't seem to see an option to change the value of Acquistion Date = Created date. Or am I missing something?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Meghan Bardwell

Sean_Richards
Level 5

Couldn't you do it in Salesforce through Dataloader? Export all records with ID, created date. Then import the created date into the acquisition date field?

Sean Richards