update a video link in an email I already sent

Anonymous
Not applicable

update a video link in an email I already sent

Is there a way to update a video link in an email I already sent out in Marketo, and that new link will be accessible in the sent email? I updated the link in the draft, approved the draft, but when I check the email in my inbox it doesn't go to the new link. Thanks for your help! 

15 REPLIES 15
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: update a video link in an email I already sent

No -- but you could create a redirect in ADMIN if it's a link you have in your instance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the link since it is on my YouTube channel, but what do you mean "if it is a link I have in my instance"?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

JD's saying if it were a link to Marketo-hosted LP, you could redirect it.

JD_Nelson

thanks for keeping me honest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it. It isn't, it is on YouTube. Thanks!

JD_Nelson

if your original link was to "youtube.com/####" then no, there isn't a way to redirect this.

Might be an interesting use-case, though, since most urls are tracked and masked through the ultimate instance -- you'd think it "should" be possible to put a redirect in there. Alas, no, nothing like that at this time.

SanfordWhiteman

Might be an interesting use-case, though, since most urls are tracked and masked through the ultimate instance

It's a different set of servers, though -- the mkto-*.com domains.

If you proxy your brandingdomain.example.com through your own server before going to mkto-*.com you can do a redirect. Approx. 0 people do this, though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that mean, if there is a small page that pops up that says something like "Http://info.companyname.com/#########" and then redirects to our YouTube video link, I might be able to redirect to the updated YouTube video link? Because that is what we do.

SanfordWhiteman

If you are already using a Marketo-hosted Landing Page as the initial target and redirecting using JavaScript, then yes, you can just change the config of that LP. You don't need to add a Redirect Rule proper if you are already manually redirecting.