tracking adwords in marketo and salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

tracking adwords in marketo and salesforce

Following Marketo instructions for tracking adwords in salesforce 

I’m creating a template for a  landing page for  my ppc program which will include the properly configured PPC form.

Now on my landing page  I have to include the code to get the parameters from the cookies on that page to populate the hidden form fields.

I have included on the template page that I am building for that landing page
The script that is reference here:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GsPJCA0

with I believe what are the few necessary changes.

My question is, are the reference to jquery and the two required jquery plugins correct?
I know that it is not necessary normally to include a reference to jquery for marketo landing pages but I’m not sure in this case, since the plugins are required to run the on-page script.

The scripts  in question are referenced like this:

<script src="/js/public/jquery-latest.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/js/public/jquery.cookie.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/js/public/jQueryString-2.0.2-Min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

questions are:
are these references correct ?
and
what are the correct paths for the scripts? 

any help, greatly appreciated. Customer support baled on me and referred me to service@marketo.com but I have not heard back from that email address. I thought I'd see what the community says. 

Thanks for your help,

Paul Elwood
908 655 9478
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: tracking adwords in marketo and salesforce

Hi Paul. Those URLs are correct. When i put my base marketo URL (go.mycompany.com) and then paste in those relative URLs, it pulls up the script as expected. 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google has made a lot of changes to the information they send when a visitor comes from AdWords, so much of this information is no longer available. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

For testing purposes, could you please try the code below and let me know if it works? 

<script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.1/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery-cookie/1.4.1/jquery.cookie.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="
//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/string.js/1.9.0/string.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>