track inbound responses

Anonymous
Not applicable

track inbound responses

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how do i track all the responses to the reply to email address which i provide in my email campaigns. Is there any way i can track all this with out a manual intervention

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: track inbound responses

No, because they go to your email box, not marketo.

I've been hearing rumors of a tool that does help do this, but it would have to connect to SFDC Cases or some other connector, then feed back into your program status.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out Charlie's hack using email to case in this thread:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PzycAAC

Another method I have experimented with:

If you use the iHance app for SFDC you can track email responses on the server level, so this will work even though the emails go to your inbox. 

New replies will update a data value on the lead/contact record (last inbound email date). So you can trigger in Marketo off of that. 

However, it will only tell you that a person has sent an email, it doesn't specify the campaign they responded to. So mileage may vary. 
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In Q2 of this year -- funny how so many people have been asking about this! -- we plan to publish our internal tool for tracking replies as a commercial app.  It doesn't rely on SFDC. The rest is secret. 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this getting this feature out to the masses?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi! I posted some updates at the other day.  We're re-ramping up using a different technology stack (one more suited to SaaS than our internal Exchange-based solution) and in fact in another window I'm writing back to a colleague about a survey we're going to publish this week.

I don't see you on our beta list at http://teknkl.com, so please sign up, and feel free to write me directly (sandy@figureone.com). I'd love to hear about your particular situation and challenges.